POSCAP is a solid electrolytic Tantalum type chip capacitor.
POSCAP, A NEW, BETTER TECHNOLOGY FOR A TANTALUM CAPACITOR.
POSCAP, A BETTER SURFACE MOUNT ALTERNATIVE TO STANDARD TANTALUM TECHNOLOGY.
The Anode is sintered Tantalum and the Cathode is a highly conductive Polymerized Organic Semiconductor formed using a new technology developed by Sanyo. POSCAP is a solid electrolytic chip capacitor. A new generation of Tantalum technology.
- Safer than a standard Tantalum capacitor, especially in the short circuit mode.
- Low impedance and low ESR at high frequency.
- Lower ESR than most Tantalums. (4 milliohm in the D4 case size)
- High ripple current capacity. (up to 3000 milliamps)
- Voltage rating up to 16 volts. (OK to operate at 80% of rated voltage)
- Low profile chip capacitor. (1.9 MM in the TPC series)
- Reflow soldering method available.